UCF student body population at record high
UCF has surpassed 60,000 students this semester, a record for the university, and it has also attracted a slew of freshman National Merit Scholars.
The 2012-2013 freshman class is about as statistically impressive as last years, according to numbers from UCF Today. Out of the 241 National Merit Scholars at UCF, 67 are first-year students, down from 74 freshman scholars last year.
UCF has made the ranks of 50 universities nationwide that have the most National Merit Scholars for three years in a row, including this year. Altogether, there are 15,000 scholars across the nation who earn the title by competing in a scholarship program that receives upwards of one million applications annually.
The average SAT score of this incoming freshman class is 1244 without the writing section and 1831 with the writing section considered. The SAT average for the fall 2011 freshman class was 1249 without the writing section.
The incoming class average GPA is 3.9, compared with last years freshman class average of 3.85.
UCFs fall 2012 student body count totaled 60,048, and out of that number, 39 percent are minorities a nearly 12 percent increase compared with the universitys population 10 years ago.
The student body population is up from last years 58,698 students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Central Florida Future News Articles
Recent Central Florida Future News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
- Canines sniff way through bomb training at UCF
- Column: Brazil faced with tough times post World Cup
- Golf: Ryan Stovash earned a bid in the US Amateur Championships
- LSAT could be waived for select law schoolers
- UCF-area eateries pass health inspections despite violations
- Professor named to Inventors Hall of Fame
- Programs could boost grad rates
RECENT CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age