UCF-FSU neutral-site football game possibly in the works for 2013
Could UCF possibly play Florida State in 2013 in football?
Marc Daniels, the Knights' play-by-play announcer, alluded to the rumored possibility in his most recent "From the Press Box" column on UCFAthletics.com.
"...Speaking of Florida State, the Seminoles are likely not going to Morgantown in 2013 after the Mountaineers pulled out of their game this season. So FSU would likely be seeking a new opponent for that 2013 game. Little birdie tells me the folks in Jacksonville at the Gator Bowl would love to pit UCF vs. FSU. The original FSU-West Virginia game was scheduled for Sept. 14, 2013. UCF currently has four non-conference games set for 2013, but is not scheduled to play on Sept. 14. The Knights would need to drop someone from a list that includes Akron, Bethune-Cookman and South Carolina at home and a road game at FIU..."
The neutral-site game would likely require the Knights to drop a home game. As it stand, UCF is set to play seven home games in 2013, which is also set to be their first season as members of the Big East.
The Knights have played the Seminoles only once before in football. Back in 1995, UCF's last season in Division I-AA, the Knights fell to FSU 46-14.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Central Florida Future News Articles
Recent Central Florida Future News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
RECENT CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?