Student arrested for allegedly making fake bomb for class
A UCF student was arrested Saturday night at an Ocala movie theater for allegedly leaving a fake bomb in his pickup truck, News 13 is reporting.
The Ocala Police said they evacuated the Regal Hollywood 16 Theater after they noticed the class project in the front seat.
Matthew Pye, a stage design student, said he received an A for the assignment, telling officers he did plenty of research to make it look as authentic as possible.
According to Ocala Police he faces several charges regarding the manufacture of a hoax weapon of mass destruction.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Central Florida Future News Articles
Recent Central Florida Future News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
RECENT CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit