UCF Police: repeat offender arrested
UCF Police have arrested a man on campus after a student recognized him from his picture posted on campus.
Steven Marshall, 40, was arrested in the Health and Public Affairs building after a squad of officers had surrounded the building, according to UCF Public Information Officer Sgt. Troy Williamson.
Marshall was arrested by UCF Police earlier this year in connection with a string of vending machine break-ins on UCF's main campus.
Marshall was recognized by a student who had seen a picture of the repeat offender posted in an elevator in Tower I and called police.
Charges are pending.
"He's getting ready to go on trial [for his previous offenses]…and here he is again doing the same thing back at UCF," Williamson said. "He doesn't need to be out on the streets again."
Williamson commended the student who made the call and acknowledged how important it is that students help watch for individuals with warrants out for their arrest.
"We can't do it without the 60,000 pairs of eyes," Williamson said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Central Florida Future News Articles
Recent Central Florida Future News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE NEWS
RECENT CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest