Universal Orlando announces HHN 2015 lineup
Universal Studios Orlando has announced its full lineup for the 2015 edition of the annual Halloween Horror Nights event. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the scary festivities and the lineup includes many familiar, but re-imagined creepy classics.
The event at Universal Studios will from Sept. 18 to Nov. 1, according to its website. There will be nine houses this year, which include:
• American Werewolf in London: Guests will be able to step into the 1981 horror classic and relive the film, from the attack on the English moors to the terrifying transformation.
• Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem: HHN icon Jack the Clown releases an array of classic monsters from Halloween Horror Nights history.
• Body Collectors: Recollections – The Body Collectors have returned and this time they’ve come to Shadybrook Asylum to collect the human parts they need.
• Asylum in Wonderland 3D: Guests can follow the white rabbit through the looking glass into this murderous 3-D wonderland.
• Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears – Guests become contestants on the deadly TV show RUN, where competitors are stalked by highly trained assassins.
• The Purge: Back for more blood, this year’s Purge is even more brutal. As soon as you step foot in this house, vigilantes will descend upon you, ready to exercise their purging rights.
• Insidious: – Travel through all three parts of this film saga as residents of the afterlife try to find a way back to into the world — using you as a vessel.
• Freddy vs. Jason: – You become the prize in this epic battle between two horror movie icons who will haunt you, whether awake or asleep.
• The Walking Dead: The Living and The Dead – Relive the most gut-wrenching moments from the most recent season of The Walking Dead as you try to escape hordes of walkers.
The scare zones for 2015 will be:
• Pyschoscareapy Unleashed: A zone that puts guests in the midst of a Halloween celebration in the streets of New York—along with some insane inmates.
• Icons: HHN – A zone filled with faces from past years, such as the Storyteller, the Director, the Caretaker and the Usher.
• All Nite Die In: Double Feature – A zone where guests take a trip to the movies. The catch? The San Francisco drive-in theater has been closed for decades after some grisly murders during a double feature.
• Evil’s Roots: A zone that lets guests stroll through Central Park, facing “traditional” scares such as scarecrows, humanoid bats and evil faeries.
• Scary Tales: A zone where fairy tales turn twisted in the wicked world of steam punk.
The event will also feature two live shows, including “The Carnage Returns,” starring the HHN icon Jack the Clown and his sidekick Chance and the HHN tradition “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure.”
To find out more about the event or order your tickets, go to halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando.
Deanna Ferrante is a Senior Staff Writer for the Central Florida Future.