For lovers of cheesy, greasy burgers — today is your day.
Sept. 18 is National Cheeseburger Day. For anyone looking for an excuse to chow down on a delicious burger, this is it.
Although the hamburger is believed to have originated in the late 18th century, the cheeseburger didn't become popular until the mid-1920s. Lionel Sternberger is reputed to have invented the cheeseburger when he experimentally dropped a piece of American cheese on a hamburger when he was 16.
If you want to make your own cheeseburger, check out this recipe for burger sliders submitted by a student here.
You also can try many of the places near UCF that sell cheeseburgers. Here a few of your many options in the UCF area:
- Wackadoo's- Located in the Student Union
- Burger 21- 11551 University Blvd., Orlando, FL 32817
- Jimmy Hula's- 11556 University Blvd., Orlando, FL
- Bar Louie- 4100 N. Alafaya Suite 110, Orlando, Florida
- Five Guys- 551 N. Alafaya Trail Orlando, FL
- Burger U- 11551 University Blvd., Orlando, FL 32817
- Graffiti Junction- 3100 Alafaya Trail Oviedo, FL 32765
- Burger & Beer Joint- 11662 University Blvd Orlando, FL 32817