Stove fire sets UCF-area apartments ablaze
A building at The Place at Alafaya Apartments – formerly known as the Arbour Apartments – caught on fire late Saturday night, leaving eight apartment rooms completely destroyed.
"A neglected pot of grease is the cause behind a fire…that left 25 to 30 people without a home," according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Orange County Fire Rescue crews were on the scene on Mackay Boulevard and Wagon Road after 11 p.m., the Sentinel reported.
"Everyone is safe and everyone has a new apartment here," said Chriss West, the leasing manager for the apartment complex.
With upgraded apartments that were recently made in the complex, West said those affected from the fire were moved immediately to eight new apartment rooms.
West said there were no injuries or deaths from the fire.
Rachel Stuart is a Digital Producer for the Central Florida Future. Follow her on Twitter at @RachSage or email her at RachelS@CentralFloridaFuture.com.