Who is Omar Mateen?
ST. LUCIE COUNTY -- Law enforcement has identified Omar Mateen, 29, as the shooter in the mass shooting Sunday morning in Orlando.
Mateen has multiple ties to the Treasure Coast area of Florida.
- Mateen, born in New York, lived in an apartment complex in the 2500 block of South 19th Street in Fort Pierce. Law enforcement was at the complex Sunday.
- He also received mail at his parents’ home in the 900 block of Southwest Bayshore Boulevard in Port St. Lucie. Law enforcement remained at the home Sunday with his family.
- He received degrees in science in 2006 and 2007 from Indian River State College. However, further details about how long he attended the school were unavailable.
- He attended his freshamn year of high school at Martin County High School. It's unclear whether he attended MCHS after that.
- Mateen married Sitora Yusufiy of Port St. Lucie in 2009, according to court documents. They divorced two years later in 2011, St. Lucie County court records show.
- Mateen has no state criminal record, according to Florida Department of Law Enforcement records.
Read or Share this story: http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/story/news/2016/06/12/who-omar-mateen/85792454/