A new check-in policy at The Marquee, formerly known as Sterling Central, was implemented Wednesday night due to recent robberies that occurred at the apartment complex.

The new policy will allow residents access to both the Phase 1 and Phase 2 garages, according to an email from The Marquee Management sent to residents.

"In order for residents to gain access to the garages with their vehicle, all residents will have to go through an access check point controlled by one of our courtesy officers," the email states.

Residents are required to show their key fob along with a valid government-issued photo ID.

Guests must be escorted into the parking garage with the resident they are visiting, along with the resident's key fob and valid ID.

This new policy comes after a strong-arm robbery was reported at The Marquee apartment complex near UCF Monday night.

The incident occurred around 11:30 p.m. in the apartment's parking garage, according to a UCF Alert.

A strong-arm robbery is one which involves the offender using or threatening to use his arms, legs or teeth instead of any weapons.

The suspects are reported to be two Hispanic males, one of whom is wearing a hoodie.

Read the full police report: here

This is the third reported robbery at the complex in the past six weeks.

The Marquee sent an email to residents on Tuesday stating that contrary to the UCF Alert sent out that morning, there was not a strong-arm robbery in the parking garage, but just a fight.

"After meeting with the Orange County Sheriffs Department (sic), we were notified that no police report was filed and is being classified as a physical altercation (fight)," the email states. "This incident has not been considered a robbery and no charges have been pressed against either party. We do apologize for the inconvenience that was caused to the residents who received the text and email messages from UCF last night."

A call to UCF asking for comment was not returned. However, The Marquee sent another email to residents on Wednesday that stated that since its prior email an incident report had been filed with the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Read or Share this story: